Many US states have begun easing Coronavirus travel restrictions. The US Virgin Islands has remained opened since September 19, 2020. Governor Bryan was an early adopter of restricting travel to/from the Territory. His decisive and prudent actions likely saved the US Virgin Islands from the kind of infection numbers seen in many US states. As travel reopens, visitors should understand that the Territory’s healthcare system is fragile and resources have historically been limited. Together we can begin the process of easing social restrictions and resuming travel while mitigating the risk that Covid 19 / Coronavirus represents.
Please consider exercising safe travel measures to/from/during your visit to protect yourself, your family and the residents of the US Virgin Islands.
IF POSSIBLE quarantine for 14 days prior to travel to the US Virgin Islands
DO NOT TRAVEL if you don’t feel well or have any COVID19 symptoms ( Fever (100.4°F / 38°C or higher), Cough, Shortness of breath.
IF YOU DEVELOP SYMPTOMS while on vacation – Call the Department of Health’s hotline at 340-776-1519 for instructions.!
SAFE TRAVEL MEANS …
- Wear a mask
- Wash hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth
- Social distancing whenever possible
- Pre-book/pay for transportation online, whenever possible
- Consider using private airport/taxi
- Use credit cards vs cash
- Provisioning Services: Landlubber Logistics
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing isn’t available
- Use antibacterial wipes to wipe down seat backs, tray tables, armrests, doorhandles, etc.
- PPE, person protective equipment, gloves, masks, hand sanitizer
- Antibacterial wipes
LIMIT RISK WHILE ON ST JOHN
- Practice social distancing – avoid crowded bars/restaurants/taxis, etc.
- Consider hiring a provisioning service
- Consider take-out vs dining-in
- Wash hands frequently
- Wear a mask whenever shopping or when social distancing isn’t possible
- Wipe down surfaces, door handles ,luggage , etc. with antibacterial wipes
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth
IF YOU DO NOT FEEL WELL AND/OR SUSPECT COVID19 INFECTION:
- Call the Department of Health’s hotline at 340-776-1519 for instructions.
- NOTE: St John does not have a hospital.
GOVERNMENT OF THE US VIRGIN ISLANDS COVID19 INFORMATION
To receive updates, alerts and notifications on the Coronavirus in the USVI, TEXT “COVID19USVI” to 888777.